• WEE is a forward looking programme focusing on women in energy and environment at
Middle East & North Africa. It is a member-driven programme in which diversity, innovation
and creativity are valued and our members are our key resources.
• WEE dedicated to support women in their current roles and building a supportive programme for her. WEE was created to play a vital role in servicing women in the Middle East & North Africa with technical skills & knowledge to save environment & reduce the emissions.
• Part of WEE’ s mission is to develop and implement a strategy for strengthening the role of women to save the natural resources & reduce the global warming impacts also to have a vital role in the national & international sustainable development plan.
• WEE is leading an initiative to design a comprehensive program to educate women through training programs, workshops, technical forums, conferences, symposiums, and seminars in the renewable energy domain & environmental sustainability.
• The program will be customized to accommodate different target audiences of women.
• Enhance the ability of woman to manage effectively in a rapidly changing technological environment.
• Offer our activities in an open, cooperative, supportive environment that is empowering and enthusiastic.
• Promotes the highest levels of personal integrity in our professional conduct.
• To provide professional development opportunities and advice for women in energy & environment.
• To foster a sense of valued programme, and wider industry pride in Women in energy & environment.
C r e a t i v i t y
D i v e r s i t y
I n n o v a t i o n
• Achieve a better gender balance across all levels of the industry at MENA region by increase the personal & professional skills & abilities for our women members.
• Empower women leaders within their organizations by providing consistently quality services, creative solutions, technical skills & future opportunities.
• Share our passion for making difference as a woman at MENA region.
• Enhance the ability of woman to manage effectively in a rapidly changing technological environment
Climate Change & Air Quality
Water & Waste Water
Energy Efficiency Solutions
• WEE Annual Development Conference
• WEE Regional Award
• WEE Capacity Building Programs
• WEE Applied Educational Workshop
• WEE Mentor & Mentee Programme
• WEE Women Job Opportunities
Enertech for Training & Management Consulting Company (ETC) was established to be the capacity building arm of Enertech Holding Company), Part of Enertech mission is to develop and implement a strategy for strengthening the technological capacity within Kuwait as part of Enertech mandate to affect technology transfer in support of the national development plan.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
WEE'S Founder Bio
Heba Al- Farra environmental engineer, she is the 2018 Young Champion of the Earth for West Asia – UN Environment Founder of the Women in Energy and Environment Society for Middle East & North Africa. She is a LEED Green Associate awarded from U.S Green Building Council for green building practice and principles “LEED – Leadership in Energy & Environment Design”. A Certified Organizational Manger – COM, awarded from Florida State University, and has a Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering from the Islamic University of Palestine. She is a training and Development Specialist at Enertech for training and management consulting company- Kuwait. Learn More
Founder Of WEE